Effective June 5, 2019
What Information We Collect About You
You can browse our Website without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which the personal information you provide through the Website may be collected:
• When you submit personal information, such as your email address, to us by using “Contact Us” links throughout our Website.
• When you sign up to receive communications, such as email newsletters, from us.
• When you participate in surveys, panels, or research.
• When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events.
• When you request information or assistance.
• When you communicate with us through the Website.
• When you interact with any Willenfield Literary page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or YouTube, or when you use your social media account or credentials to log in to the Website, we may also collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or through that account, including your account ID or “handle.”
In addition, when you interact with the Website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Website.
The following lists the most common ways in which the personal information you provide through the Website may be used:
• Performing the contract between us and the provision of our services to you.
• Responding to your inquiries.
• Communicating with you about your transactions with us and sending you information about services on our Website.
• Communicating with you about changes to our policies.
• Personalizing content and experiences on our Website, including providing you with recommendations based on your preferences.
• Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about our services, activities, and events by email or another medium.
• Research and development.
• Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
• Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns.
• Managing our business.
How We Share Your Information
Willenfield Literary adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in all our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our Website. Except as disclosed below, we do not sell, barter, give away, rent, or permit anyone outside Willenfield Literary to use or access your personal information.
We occasionally use independent contractors and third-party agents, affiliates, and partners to perform functions, such as marketing, analytics, and providing customer service, on our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from the Website. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing, or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to Willenfield Literary.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, or our users; and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, our agents, or the users of the Website or the public.
If you have subscribed to one of our email newsletters, you will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from future mailings (for example, by clicking on an unsubscribe link in an email newsletter).
Willenfield Literary strives to protect the transmission and storage of any information submitted by visitors to the Website. Only our authorized employees or agents carrying out permitted business functions are allowed to access personal information. Please be aware, however, that no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers or databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply to us will not be intercepted during transmission over the Internet as no transmission and storage of data is completely secure. All submissions are therefore at your sole risk.